The ultimate goal of feng shui, as it pertains to decor, is to create a sense of peace within the home.
Use colors, smells, and objects to revitalize qi
Realize that clutter is not only found in the home with physical excess.
You also have emotional and spiritual decluttering to do as well.
This idea completely changed the way I felt about decluttering.
My goal shifted from how I wanted a room to look to how I wanted to feel when I came into it.
To achieve good qi, you will need to declutter spaces that have the most meaning to you. You may want to focus on the following areas first:
1. Rooms you enter first when you come home
3. Rooms where you spend the most time
You may have to get rid of things that have some meaning to you.
If you have difficulty throwing things away, use the following guidelines to help get you started
- You hate the way it looks
- It is broken and cannot be fixed
- It does not fit
- It reminds you of something painful
- It is used less than once per year
- It is a health hazard
- Slow Energy Flow With Area Rugs
- Draw Attention to Your Front Door
- Add Contemplative Artwork
- Balance Your Elements
- Optimize Natural Light
- Use Essential Oils
The beautiful thing about feng shui is that it is largely instinctive.
The success of feng shui is determined by how one feels within a space.That means it is open to interpretation.